Quartz sand is quartz particles made by crushing quartz stone. Quartz is a non-metallic mineral. It is a hard, wear-resistant and chemically stable silicate mineral. Its main mineral component is SiO2. Quartz sand is an important industrial mineral raw material, non-chemically hazardous, and has a wide range of applications.
1. Scope Of Application
- 1.1 Glass: the main raw materials of flat glass, float glass, glass products, optical glass, conductive glass, glass cloth and anti-radiation special glass.
- 1.2 Ceramics and refractory materials: porcelain blanks and glazes, raw materials for kilns, high-silicon bricks, ordinary silicon bricks and silicon carbide.
- 1.3 Metallurgy: raw materials or additives and fluxes of silicon metal, ferrosilicon alloy, etc., can be used as shot blasting and sand blasting for derusting metal surfaces.
- 1.4 Construction: concrete artificial marble, cement physical property testing materials (ie cement standard sand), magnesite cover, etc.
- 1.5 Chemical industry: raw materials such as silicon compounds and water glass, fillers for sulfuric acid towers, and amorphous silica fine powder.
- 1.6 Machinery industry: the main raw material for foundry sand, abrasive materials.
- 1.7 Electronics and aerospace: electronic fillers, high-purity metal silicon, optical fibers for communication, circuit boards, aerospace industry, etc.
- 1.8 Rubber and plastic: filler (can improve wear resistance).
- 1.9 Coating: It can improve the acid resistance of the coating.
2. Technical Standards
2.1 Chemical industry
In the field of chemical supplies processing, quartz sand is the main raw material for the production of potassium silicate, sodium silicate and various forms of silica.
2.2 Ceramic glaze
The requirements of quartz sand for general ceramic glaze: SiO2>98.5%, Al2O3<0.05%, particle size -200 mesh accounts for 98%.
2.3 Quartz sand for artificial quartz stone plate
- ① the color is consistent, generally there can be no second color in a product
- ②, the particle size composition is uniform, and there should not be too many too coarse or too fine particles
- ③, the product is clean and clean, no dust
- ④ The moisture content should be less than 0.5%.
2.4 Quartz sand for construction
Check the quality of various types of cement and the standard sand particle size of the mixed concrete 0.25～0.65mm.
2.5 Quartz sand for metallurgy
- ①Abrasive sand: The sand has good roundness, no edges, and the particle size is 0.8-1.5mm, SiO2>98%, Al2O3<0.72%, Fe2O3<0.18%.
- ② Sandblasting: The chemical industry removes rust and often uses sandblasting. Requires SiO2>99.6%, Al2O3<0.18%, Fe2O3<0.02%, particle size 50~70 mesh, particle shape is spherical, Mohs hardness 7.
2.6 Machinery Industry
The abrasive quality requirements are: SiO2>98%, Al2O3<0.94%, Fe2O3<0.24%, CaO<0.26%, particle size 0.5～0.8mm.