Kaolin is a kind of non-metallic mineral, which is clay and clay rock mainly composed of kaolinite clay minerals. Kaolin is the main raw material for making ceramics. It is named after Gaoling Village, Jingde Town, Jiangxi Province. So what are the specific uses of kaolin? Here is an introduction.
1. The special properties of kaolin, such as plasticity, cohesiveness, certain dry strength, sinterability, and whiteness after firing, make it the main raw material for ceramic production, which is used to make daily ceramics, architectural and sanitary ceramics, electric ceramics, and chemicals. Corrosion-resistant ceramics, arts and crafts ceramics and special ceramics, etc.
2. Excellent process performance such as whiteness, softness, high dispersibility, adsorption and chemical randomness, make it widely used in the paper industry. It is used for paper fillers and coatings to increase the density, whiteness and smoothness of paper, improve printing performance, and reduce papermaking costs.
3. Pure kaolin with a refractoriness higher than or equal to 1770℃ can be used to make crucibles for smelting optical glass and glass fiber and laboratory crucibles. Low-grade kaolin can be used to make refractory bricks, saggers, refractory mud, tapping mud plugs and burning. White cement, etc.
4. Used as a reinforcing agent and filler, it can improve the mechanical strength and acid resistance of rubber, improve product performance, and reduce cost.
5. To prepare high-performance adsorbents instead of synthetic chemical molecular sieves and used as petroleum cracking catalysts.
6. As a coating for medicine, as a filler for adsorption layer, additives, bleaching agents, detergents, cosmetics, pencils, pigments, and paints.
7. Used as a carrier for chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and pesticides.
8. Kaolin with low iron content is used in glass fiber manufacturing. Its main function is to provide a source of aluminum and silicon, and also to dim its luster.
9. The decorative sheet produced from glass-ceramics with kaolin as the main raw material and wollastonite as the main crystal phase adopts the melting and crystallization molding process. The method has low cost, ideal product color, pattern, and appearance effects, and its surface has a natural stone pattern on the basis of a colorful hue pattern.
10. After kaolin is dehydrated, it is transformed into metakaolin with high pozzolanic activity. The geopolymeric cement prepared by alkali activation of metakaolin and directly used as concrete mineral admixture can significantly improve the workability, strength and durability of concrete. At the same time, it also has a good effect on the common autogenous shrinkage phenomenon of high-performance concrete. The inhibitory effect.
11. In terms of advanced defense technology, high-quality kaolin is required for nuclear reactors, jet aircraft, rocket fuel chambers and nozzles.
ZENITH XZM ultrafine pulverizer is a specialized equipment for processing and manufacturing the fine powder and ultrafine powder which can be widely applied in Mohs' hardness<6 grade non-inflammable and non-ex-plosive brittle materials, more than100 kinds of materials such as calcite, chalk, limestone. dolomite, kaolin,bentonite, talc, mica, magnesite, ilite, pyrophylite, vermiculite, sepiolite, attapulgite, rectorite, kieselguhr,barite, plaster, alunite, graphite, fluorite, rock phosphate, potassium ore and pumice stone.